Hawaii employers are facing unimaginable hardships amid the coronavirus pandemic. At the same time, businesses across the state are looking forward to reopening sooner rather than later.
Our colleagues at simplicityHR have been working hard to provide the latest guidance and resources to help navigate changing legislation and the realities of our current economic situation.
Here is a snapshot of the latest COVID-19 Employer Resources from the HR and safety experts at simplicityHR by ALTRES.
Reopening Your Business
As Hawaii’s economy slowly reopens, businesses can begin to look ahead on the road to COVID-19 recovery. For some it may mean ramping up quickly. For others, it will be a more measured approach. Many will be looking to rehire recently terminated or furloughed employees. Others will be competing for people who are looking for new opportunities.
No one knows yet what our workplaces will look like in 3 months, 6 months, or a year. One thing is certain though: protecting the health and safety of your customers and employees will be a top priority.
These things are not only the key to better public health, but they also ensure a sense of comfort for employees returning to the workplace.
- Back to Work Kit for Hawaii Employers (eBook + Downloadables)
- Download: Printable Signs for Reopening Your Business
- Ask HR: “What Can I Do If Employees Are Afraid to Return to Work?”
- How to Rehire Employees Laid Off Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Safe Use of Face Masks
Changing Legislation: CARES Act, PPP and More
The single largest relief bill in US history, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) was designed with the intent of helping small businesses keep people employed during the economic onslaught of COVID-19.
The CARES Act includes several provisions of great interest to business owners, including the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), a Small Business Administration loan program promising forgiveness when funds are primarily used to support payroll.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Now Available
- SBA Issues PPP Loan Forgiveness Guidance
- CARES Act Allows 401(k) Participants to Crack into Savings
- Latest PPP News and Highlights
- I Got My PPP Loan, Now What? (eBook)
- CARES Act Overview: Financial Relief for Small Businesses
For all the latest updates, visit the simplicityHR CARES Act, PPP and SBA Resources page.
Now more than ever, business owners are looking for ways to support employees. In heavily impacted industries, this means a helping hand for employees looking to collect unemployment and looking for alternative healthcare options.
- New COBRA Deadlines Give Employees More Time to Make Elections, Payments
- Unemployment Insurance Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Alternative Options for Employees Losing Healthcare Coverage
- Employee Mental Health Support in the Time of Coronavirus
VIDEO: A Practical Guide to Business Continuity for Local Employers
To help ensure business survival you need to quickly assess four critical areas: people, capital, documents, and operations. Here is a quick overview of what you should be paying attention to.
Read the article: Business Continuity for Local Employers
For more resources and guidance for businesses during coronavirus, visit the simplicityHR’s COVID-19 Employer Resources.
This material is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to constitute legal advice, and reader should consult with their advisor or counsel before taking any actions based on the information contained within this material.