As more Hawaii companies open their doors, managers are fielding a lot of questions from anxious, returning employees.
We reached out to the experts next door—the safety and human resources experts at simplicityHR—to find out what employees being called back are asking, and how to answer those tricky questions!
Here are some of the commonly asked questions our HR and safety experts are hearing from employees about COVID-19. Be prepared with responses appropriate to your business situation, so you can give employees confidence, promote best practices, and help ensure safety in our community.
Frequently Asked Questions from Employees About Returning to Work
Visit simplicityHR to read the full article: How to Answer Common Questions from Employees Called Back to Work.
Or, jump to the relevant question below:
- Do I have to come in? What if I am not comfortable going back in to work?
- How will you keep me safe?
- Does the company have the right to ask about my health history and take my temperature? What if I don’t want to comply with temperature checks?
- Will everyone wear a mask? Do I have to wear one? Can my employer require me to wear a face mask or other PPE?
- What happens if I get sick? Will I get paid for time off? What if someone in my family gets sick and I must care for him or her? What if I no longer have childcare?
- Can my employer send me home if they think I am sick?
- What if a co-worker gets sick? How will I know? Does an employer have to notify staff if an employee is diagnosed with COVID-19?