Seeking an experienced Project Engineer to serve as the primary technical point of contact for contractors and owners. The person in charge will be responsible for handling the bidding process, reviewing project plans, purchasing necessary equipment, and resolving any issues.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and 5 to 7 years of experience in the HVAC trade. The ideal candidate will also have excellent time-management and problem-solving skills!
LocationKalihi, Honolulu, Oahu
- Prepare project estimates for presentation to the general contractor and/or owner
- Work with general contractor and/ or owner through the negotiation process and provide clarifications and resolutions as needed. Present the final bid
- Act as the primary contact, attend project meetings, respond to all project related inquiries
- Review shop drawings, project plans, and specifications for accuracy, efficiency, and clarity
- Purchase, schedule, and deliver all necessary equipment and materials
- Identify, analyze, and resolve problems. Define any cost or schedule impact
- Provide project updates to the appropriate departments
- Prepare, submit, and file all closing documents
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in the HVAC trade
- Proficiency reading and understanding specifications, architectural and mechanical plans
- Excellent working knowledge of trade standards and practices, as well as building codes and standards
- Good understanding of the bid process including labor units used for estimating and material costing
- Outstanding time-management and problem-solving skills
About ALTRES Technical
ALTRES Technical is hiring skilled IT, engineering, and technical professionals for jobs at Hawaii's top companies.
Let our experienced recruiters save you time and help you find a job you’ll love.
Working with ALTRES is easy and fast and there is no cost to you. Apply today!