A well-known local nonprofit organization is looking for a full-time Staff Accountant to join their team. This role will be responsible for month-end closing, annual audits, and accounts payable duties. This position is ongoing with a potential to get hired permanently, however, the timeframe is undetermined while the Department transitions to a new system.
This position offers an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/life insurance, retirement plans, vacation and sick paid-time-off, as well as flexible spending plans.
Pay$16 to $18 an hour
- Handle accounts payable duties including but not limited to processing invoices, preparing/issuing check payments, reconciling monthly vendor statements against invoices, and responding to vendor-related inquiries.
- Record daily bank transactions into billing system. Resolve any discrepancies as needed.
- Prepare monthly recurring and adjusting journal entries as part of the month-end closing process.
- Assist accounting manager with compiling financial reports and annual audits.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial files.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience. Additional experience in the healthcare industry a plus.
- Proficiency using GL software and Microsoft Office.
- Highly accurate, organized and analytical.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed.
About ALTRES Office
ALTRES Office is hiring for full-time and part-time jobs at top local companies on Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island of Hawaii.
Applying is fast and easy and there is never a fee for job seekers. Apply today!