A local nonprofit organization that provides emergency shelter and affordable housing in Wailuku is immediately looking for an experienced Maintenance Worker who will maintain the premises and landscape to ensure a properly functioning, clean and orderly environment for the tenants, clients, and staff.
Pay$16 to $18 an hour
- Provide general repairs on the affordable housing buildings and units as well as the emergency shelter as authorized by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Provide minor electrical, plumbing, and building repairs, replace floor tile and painting as requested.
- Renovate unoccupied units including cleaning, repairing, repainting, replacing smoke detectors, stripping and waxing floors, washing drapes, checking locks and double-checking unit to ensure quality control upon completion
- Perform preventive maintenance on building exteriors including touch-up painting, resetting time clocks for exterior lighting, checking for wear and tear on steps and railings, removing wasp nests, etc.
- Perform regular maintenance on units including painting, repairing and replacing of window screens and windows, installing screen doors
- Remove old and installs new appliances
- Read electrical meters monthly and accurately log for billing purposes and deliver invoices to units
- Pick up donated furniture and appliances for shelters as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in plumbing, painting, drywalling, landscaping and/or miscellaneous repairs
- Must be able to lift 80 lbs.
- Ability to perform CPR and first aid
- Valid drivers license
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
About ALTRES Staffing Maui
ALTRES Staffing Maui is hiring for full-time, part-time, and project-based jobs on Maui. Immediate hire and weekly pay.
100% FREE for job seekers. Apply today!