Full-time opening available for a Construction Inspector at a top construction management and engineering firm. Inspect a variety of general civil infrastructure projects including site work, roadways, and utilities. You will also be required to work with City and County of Honolulu special inspection certifications, State Dept of transportation, and OSHA. A related background in the construction industry is required.
Generous benefits package includes full family medical, company funded 401(k), vacation, paid sick leave, etc.
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
LocationIwilei, Honolulu, Oahu
Pay$30 to $45 an hour
- Perform project research as needed.
- Ensure all work performed is in accordance with approved project plans and specifications.
- Verify that projects comply with all building and zoning codes and ordinances as well as environmental regulations.
- Interpret drawings and specifications and discuss deviations with owner/contracting officer.
- Inspect projects to ensure quality of workmanship.
- Arrange and schedule any field testing of soils, concrete or asphalt, and material sampling as required by the project.
- Document and report on project statuses, including any problems encountered.
- Prepare daily inspection reports.
- Assist owner/contracting officer with pre-final/final inspections, including preparation of punchlists.
- Monitor corrective work to ensure all punchlist items are satisfactorily addressed by the construction contractor.
- Maintain neat, accurate and complete construction records.
- Provide status updates at regular progress meetings.
- Attend contractor training as needed.
- Engineering degree or extensive work experience in the construction industry. Experience with sewer systems preferred.
- CCM (Certified Construction Management) certification a plus.
- Familiarity with all phases of construction and related activities.
- Excellent prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good work ethic with the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
About ALTRES Tech
ALTRES Tech is hiring skilled IT, engineering, and tech professionals for jobs at Hawaii's top companies.
Let our experienced recruiters save you time and help you find a job you’ll love.
Working with ALTRES is easy and fast and there is no cost to you. Apply today!