Our client is seeking an experienced and dynamic mortgage professional to join their team as an Underwriter. Duties include assisting loan officers with structuring, underwriting, and servicing small to large size real estate loans and ensuring loans meet lending policies and underwriting guidelines. Additionally, this role supports the lending team efforts and initiatives in generating new commercial mortgage and construction and commercial loans, while proactively managing customer relationships. This role interacts with internal and external customers.
If you have over four years experience working commercial real estate, commercial lending, banking or financial services, we want to hear from you. Apply today to be immediately considered.
Based on applicant's qualifications, client may offer multiple levels for this role.
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Review new loan requests from existing and prospective borrowers by providing underwriting support.
- Generate new commercial mortgages and construction loans.
- Review and analyze borrower’s financial information and financial condition.
- Order appraisal and environmental reports.
- Prepare credit approval memorandums with clear and concise data that reviews strengths, weaknesses and potential risks.
- Document the underwriting decision and supporting rationale.
- Review construction loan draws and inspection reports and review line draws for approval and any applicable collateral releases.
- Manage customer relationships to meet commercial mortgage and construction loan runoff projections and deposit goals and objectives.
- Assist with management of assigned loan portfolios to minimize exceptions and maximize compliance.
- Review, analyze and document financial statements and tax returns upon receipt from the customer on a timely basis.
- Provide updates and timely comments for loan portfolio review reports for credit discussions.
- Review commitment letters and loan documents as necessary in the management of the portfolio.
- Prepare covenant compliance tracking reports to track loan compliance.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High school diploma required.
- 4+ years experience working in commercial real estate, commercial lending, banking, or financial services required. *Bachelor’s degree in a related field may substitute for 2 years of required work experience.
- Strong communication (written, verbal, interpersonal) and listening skills.
- Knowledgeable in operating standard office equipment (i.e., phone, copier, computer, fax, scanner, etc.).
- Ability to read and understand bank-related documents.
- Ability to work in an office setting (i.e., sitting at desk for long periods of time) and adapt to different work environments as needed.
- Be motivated, dependable, hard working.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to pass a federal/state background check and pre-employment drug screen.
About ALTRES Staffing
ALTRES Staffing is hiring for full-time, part-time, and project-based jobs with some of Hawaii's top companies on Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island
Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
Upon qualifying, you will receive free medical insurance, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) plan, employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment, and many other outstanding benefits!