Cloud Systems Engineer
Join a team of Cloud Systems Engineers and Senior Cloud Systems Engineers responsible for maintaining and supporting the infrastructure and security of a large local bank!
This position requires a high-level of technical knowledge to perform problem identification and resolution of hardware, software, network carrier, and security issues. In this role you will assist the Cloud Systems Engineers and Senior Cloud Systems Engineers with development and installation of new hardware and software to deliver capabilities required to achieve business goals.
Qualified candidates will operate across several computer environments and platforms and have experience with VMware virtualization and Azure cloud platforms.
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Network Security and Monitoring Support
- Provide maintenance, installations, upgrades, and service support for all bank network security systems.
- Enforce policies and procedures related to network security and performance.
Network Management Support
- Provide network service support such as building servers, switches, routers, and workstations.
- Perform software testing and upgrades and assist network users with network related problems.
- Ensure Enterprise systems are available to internal and external customers for access 24x7 and operating at peak performance levels.
- Assist in communication and coordination of network maintenance schedules, backups, and other downtime to users.
Data Communications and Networking Support
- Provide internal team member support in the administration and management of the bank’s data communications network.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and support of the enterprise voice and data network – consisting of LAN, VLAN, WAN, high-speed Internet, and VPN connections.
Cloud Engineering Support
- Design, implement, and manage cloud-based systems for businesses.
- Develop and implement cloud-applications.
- Migrate existing on-premises applications to the cloud.
- Debug cloud stacks.
Project Implementation Support
- Prepare project plans.
- Develop scope and objectives.
- Design network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Execute project’s objectives and design.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field highly preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in IT, specifically working with the Microsoft Operating System. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field may substitute for 2 years of required work experience.
- Experience with VMware virtualization.
- Azure and/or AWS: Hands-on experience and solid experience with Azure cloud platforms required. Certifications highly desired.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux based environment.
- Knowledge of database systems such as Oracle, SQL preferred.
- Background with enterprise applications architecture, development and troubleshooting.
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
About ALTRES Tech
ALTRES Tech is hiring skilled IT, engineering, and tech professionals for jobs at Hawaii's top companies.
Let our experienced recruiters save you time and help you find a job you’ll love.
Working with ALTRES is easy and fast and there is no cost to you. Apply today!