Seeking an Accounting Manager to lead the day-to-day activities of the accounting and inventory teams of a small but dedicated office in Honolulu. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of accounting experience with leadership skills, takes initiative, asks the right questions, and is willing to cross-train on all accounting and inventory tasks.
This company offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), parking, etc. Apply today!
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, some flexibility
Pay$85,000 to $100,000 a year
- Monitor physical inventory reconciliations and investigate any discrepancies.
- Oversee the analysis, trending, and forecasting of fuel supply needs to ensure product and space availability at various locations.
- Oversee the inventory management system across multiple locations to accurately track receipts, distributions, and inventory levels.
- Prepare financial reports including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and monthly operating reports.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and analyze and report any budget variances.
- Perform journal entries for fixed assets, lease accounting, capitalization, depreciation, prepaids, etc.
- Supervise accounting employees and provide support with A/P, A/R, payroll, tax, inventory supply, inventory variance, office supply, equipment ordering, scheduling, etc.
- Interview, hire and train new employees; plan and assign work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve conflicts.
- Prepare documents and reports for annual external audits.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience with knowledge of inventory management and GAAP.
- Experience leading a team of three or more.
- Experience with ASC 842 for lease accounting preferred.
- Current CPA license or a master’s degree in an accounting discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Excel, and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Access, etc.).
- Valid Hawaii Driver's license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!