A well-known Kailua Kona Resort is looking for a Sous Chef to oversee day-to-day culinary operations! The Sous Chef will work alongside the Executive Chef and help with purchasing food, prepping food, maintaining the order and cleanliness of the kitchen, and making sure the dishes meet the standards.
If you have previous experience in culinary management and can be a team leader, this may be the job for you!
Apply today for immediate consideration!
HoursFull-time, Schedule varies. Must be able to work weekends and holidays
LocationKailua-Kona, Big Island
Pay$65,000 to $80,000 a year
- Ensure proper daily opening and closing of kitchens.
- Plan and organize purchasing and food preparation.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Monitor and control kitchen maintenance/sanitation and labor and food costs.
- Serve as the liaison within all departments of the kitchen and all other resort departments.
- Responsible for training, supervising and working with the culinary staff in order to prepare, cook and present menu items consistent with the resort's culinary and excellence standards.
- At least 3 years of experience Culinary Management.
- Culinary school associates degree or accredited certification preferred.
- ServSafe managers certification preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to be a team leader.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- TB Clearance.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!