Seeking a Mechanic for a locally owned and operated company that's been in business for over 30 years.
In this role you will be responsible for all diesel engine repairs for a commercial marine fleet of vessels.
This opportunity comes with great benefits, pay, and schedule.
Apply now or meet our team in person. Walk-in applications are taken from 9am-2pm at our Aiea office (located in the Waimalu Shopping Plaza) and our Industrial office in Kaka'ako at 967 Kapiolani Blvd. There is plenty of free and easy parking right at our buildings!
Pay$40 to $45 an hour
- Perform preventive maintenance and replace defective components as instructed.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards.
- Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible, and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Test engines, transmissions, generators, etc. to make sure there are no mechanical problems.
- Remove and install Marine Diesel Engines, Mitsubishi, and Cat.
- Minimum 3 years of verifiable Marine Diesel Mechanic experience required.
- Verified experience with diesel marine machine rebuilds, overhauls, and major component replacement required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!