Back to Search Results
Logistics Coordinator (206952-14)
Join a stable local company with over a decade in business. In this role, you will be responsible for the cost-effective transit of inbound shipments from the manufacturer’s door to facilities.
If you are a great multi-tasker who works well in fast-paced environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Pay$45,000 a year
- Work with Buyers to review and analyze vendor agreements for FOB pricing and customer pickup allowance.
- Assist Buyers in load consolidation and transportation through logistical contacts.
- Create and add freight rates for newly established vendors.
- Negotiate and manage the inbound shipments from the manufacturer to the West Coast for the best possible service and most reasonable rates.
- Establish solid relationships with the ocean carriers, truck, air, intermodal and local trucking company operators serving the distribution center under the Logistic Department’s control.
- Initiate carrier claims within required timelines and monitor claims for response.
- Approve, dispute and resolve carrier invoices and oversee vendor claims.
- Evaluate carriers in terms of service, rates, claims, and responsiveness to the company’s needs and requests.
- Manage and execute freight rate changes when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, transportation, business administration, or related field and/or 1 year experience in ocean freight, trucking, warehousing, or purchasing.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!