Immediately seeking a Family Care Coordinator to improve the school readiness of special needs children entering kindergarten by providing outreach and case management. In this role you will act as the liaison between parents and children connecting and assisting them with the services they need.
Pay$17 to $20 an hour
- Maintain client files.
- Provide case management services to assigned families.
- Maintain working knowledge of screenings, agencies, partners, collaborators, and systems serving children in Hawaii.
- Plan and utilize events and trainings to connect with the target population.
- Identify issues and strategies to help the target population with access to services.
- Obtain appropriate consent from parent or guardian to provide services to children.
- Conduct interviews with parents.
- Research the child’s records as part of a comprehensive investigation to identify issues and create problem-solving strategies.
- Attend meetings relevant to cases and issues needing resolution, including meetings with parents, schools and preschools, related service professionals or other agency personnel, client review meetings, etc.
- Respond to parent and professional inquiries, e.g., telephone, written, electronic.
- Ensure client (parent and child) confidentiality is maintained in all education and advocacy activities according to policy and procedure.
- Degree in education, special education, or related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving abstract.
The following are preferred and or can be trained on the job to learn:
- Knowledge of developmental, hearing and vision screening activities/tools.
- Knowledge of special education laws.
- Experience and/or ability to network with public and private organizations throughout the state.
- Experience working with families and parents of children with special needs.
- Familiarity with social, cultural, geographic and economic characteristics of the target areas.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!