APRN | Corrections Psych & Family/Adult-Gerontology
ALTRES Medical is immediately seeking full-time APRNs to start ASAP. Opportunities available on Oahu, Maui and Hawai'i Island!
Upon hire, you will receive health insurance, 401(k), holiday and vacation pay, employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment, and many other amazing benefits!
Apply today to be considered.
HoursFull-time, varying day/evening shifts
- Honolulu, Oahu
- Hilo, Big Island
- Wailuku, Maui
Pay$64.88 an hour
Psych-MH APRN, included but not limited to:
- Assess, diagnose and treat the mental health needs of patients.
- Administer screening instruments and conduct semi-structured intake interviews to assess all detainees/inmates for acute and/or persistent mental health needs.
- Document completion of segregation rounds and any observed and/or reported deterioration of a detainee’s mental health condition.
- Refer detainees/inmates to qualified health care providers as clinically indicated.
- Monitor the mental and behavioral status of detainees/inmates housed in the Special Holding Unit (if applicable) and those detainees/inmates on watch status (i.e., suicide watch, safety watch, Structured Living Unit).
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with members of the health care unit as part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team in order to provide appropriate treatment planning and step-down plans for detainees/inmates.
- Obtain and review medical, mental health, and institutional records of detainees/inmates.
- Assist with various mental health clinics with 704 evaluators or psychiatrists.
Family/Adult-Gerontology APRN, included but not limited to:
- Take a comprehensive health history.
- Perform a physical examination using skills of observation, inspection palpation, percussion, and auscultation.
- Use and/or order and interpret diagnostic instruments or procedures.
- Assess findings and make a medical diagnosis.
- Develop a plan of care for patients.
- Current Hawaii APRN license.
- Current BLS CPR w/AED.
- Previous experience in mental health and/or family/adult gerontology practice (depending on area).
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills.
- This is an in-person position. Telework is not available.
About ALTRES Medical
ALTRES Medical is hiring nurses and health care workers for per diem shifts and full-time jobs at Hawaii’s top healthcare facilities. It’s easy and fast to apply and there is never a fee for you.
Supplement your income by picking up shifts on your schedule. Get notified about shifts and openings as they become available. Apply today!