Leading power company has an immediate opening for a full-time Meter Reader in Hilo. This is a physically demanding job and qualified candidates must be able to work outdoors for long periods of time. The Meter Reader will work with a hardworking, committed team and be trained to read electrical meters.
This is a 3-month temporary position.
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
LocationHilo, Big Island
Pay$23 an hour
- Read electric and demand meters in the field and occasionally in remote areas.
- Maintain organized and accurate recordings.
- Compare electric consumption.
- Report any unusual or irregular activity to management in a timely manner.
- Clear brush or debris as needed to access meters.
- Valid Hawaii driver's license, clean driving abstract, and ability to drive a 4WD vehicle.
- Must have qualified outdoor work experience (i.e. delivery, transportation, construction, etc.).
- Comfortable using handheld devices and related technology.
- Good communication and customer service skills required.
- Familiarity with the East Hawaii district is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!