A mid-size transportation company is seeking an HR professional to join their team as the HR Coordinator and assist with duties related to payroll, recruitment and onboarding, and benefits administration.
The qualified candidate will have their bachelor's degree in business administration, HR, or related field, a year of related experience, and possess basic knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
This is a full-time position with a Monday to Friday schedule and offers great benefits such as health insurance, 401(k), holiday and vacation pay, and many more amazing benefits. Apply today to be immediately considered.
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Pay$20 to $23 an hour
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with payroll reporting and reconciliation of vacation, sick, and PTO balances.
- Generate monthly reports.
- Assist with recruitment efforts by posting available jobs.
- Process new hires and coordinate onboarding orientation.
- Conduct exit interviews and processing for employees who have resigned, retired, or been terminated.
- Conduct random drug and alcohol testing.
- Conduct annual review of driver history records.
- Develop, execute, and maintain HR and safety and health policies, programs, and practices.
- Plan and coordinate annual benefit open enrollment for management and administrative staff.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Schedule annual road evaluations as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field desired.
- Minimum one-year related experience a plus.
- Current/active SHRM membership a plus.
- Basic knowledge of federal employment laws and regulations including FLSA, OSHA, and FMCSR.
- Basic knowledge of state employment laws and regulations including wage and hour laws, prepaid health care act, disability compensation laws (i.e., TDI and workers' compensation).
- Knowledge of discrimination, disability, and privacy laws.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Detail and results oriented, motivated, dependable.
- Ability to maintain and handle sensitive and confidential data.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!