A local utility company is seeking a Utility Worker to join their team and be responsible for field operations and maintenance work. In this role, you will perform general maintenance of grounds, facilities, and equipment associated with water and wastewater.
The ideal candidate will have their high school diploma and a valid driver's license.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
LocationKailua-Kona, Big Island
Pay$24 an hour
- Perform general clean-up of grounds and facilities.
- Record meter and service repair requirements and make necessary repairs.
- Turn meters on and off and adjust or replace meter boxes as necessary.
- Operate system valves as needed.
- Inspect fire services and double check valves.
- Flush and service water mains.
- Collect water samples.
- Designate account numbers for new services.
- Notify customers for shutdowns and investigate customer complaints.
- Check customer lot size for service installations and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, coworkers, and the public.
- Ability to work without supervision and respond appropriately to direction, feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and a state and federal background check.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!