A local financial institution is seeking a motivated Payroll Clerk to join their team and handle the preparation and processing of payroll, managing employee salary data, helping troubleshoot and resolve any payroll related issues, and manage incoming and outgoing W-2 forms to ensure compliance during tax season deadlines. The qualified candidate will have their high school diploma, minimum 1 year of payroll experience, and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time position with a Monday to Friday schedule. Apply today for immediate consideration.
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
LocationDowntown, Honolulu, Oahu
Pay$23.85 to $28.85 an hour
- Handle the timely and accurate preparation and processing of payroll in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist employees and managers with troubleshooting and resolving any payroll related issues.
- Perform all aspects of the preparation and reconciliation of general ledger worksheets, payroll journals, tax reporting and benefit/payroll tax payments.
- Prepare and distribute required tax reporting documents including W-2s.
- Oversee coordinated efforts between payroll, HR, finance and other stakeholders to ensure proper payroll processing.
- Handle the administration of the company's payroll and timekeeping modules.
- Provide input, analysis and recommendations for process improvement related to HR and Payroll functions.
- Respond to internal and external audit inquiries and data requests.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 1 year of payroll experience required; 3 to 5 years payroll experience preferred.
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now software preferred.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive data.
- Motivated, hardworking, dependable.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!