Excellent opportunity for full-time work on the Windward side!
A local non-profit is looking for an accounting professional to join their team as a Grant Accountant to handle the accounting and financial duties for programs funded by grants or foundation revenue. These include preparing financial projections and budgets reporting, reviewing/monitoring of individual grants and transactions for compliance with private, local, state and federal fund requirements, billing and collections, journal entries, and financial grant reporting including preparation of reports for granting authorities and annual reports.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least two years of grant accounting experience. Interested? Apply today!
HoursFull-time, Monday to Friday
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the centralized accounting and financial reporting for assigned grant portfolio, including preparing annual and grant budgets, forecasting revenue, estimating any carry-over of funds from one year to the next.
- Research issues, prepare invoices/billings and collect funds for the support of restricted fund expenditures.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and assist with Federal, State, City and County and private grant reporting and invoicing.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Assist with the annual financial audit by preparing requested work papers from external auditors.
- Coordinate with department grant managers to support proper and timely expenditure of grant funds in compliance with applicable guidelines and budget deadlines.
- Maintain grant fiscal records and database.
- Review and approve journal entries for program managers, assign grant codes and monitor charges for compliance with policies and procedures.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as required by CFO or Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience or equivalent experience managing grants.
- Knowledge of non-profit fund accounting and audits.
- Previous experience with Abila MIP or similar non-profit fund accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Two-Step Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B clearance required.
- COVID-19 vaccination required by client for this position. This is not an ALTRES Staffing requirement.
Why Work With ALTRES
We take the stress out of the job search process, connecting you with some of the most sought-after full-time, part-time, and project-based positions across Hawaii.
The best part? Our services are always 100% FREE for job seekers.
And once you qualify, you'll receive a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free medical insurance
- holiday and vacation pay
- a 401(k) plan with 6% match
- employee discounts on a variety of services and entertainment
- and many other outstanding perks
Don't wait - apply today and let ALTRES Staffing help you take the next step in your career!