Fire Alarm Technician
Problem solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail are three key characteristics we’re seeking for this Fire Alarm Technician position. Not only will you be responsible for installing fire alarm systems and components, but you will also be expected to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical issues. You enjoy a good challenge and are not easily daunted by complex tasks.
You need to have several years of related experience and have a valid driver’s license in order to perform work at various client locations. This company has locations throughout the state, so travel to the neighbor islands may be required from time to time. NICET certification is preferred.
- Install and inspect fire alarm systems and their components.
- Perform periodic testing and servicing to ensure all equipment and systems are in accordance with applicable fire codes.
- Review and analyze blueprints, technical drawings, and schematics.
- Diagnose causes of electrical issues and failures and troubleshoot solutions.
- Provide training and instruction to customers on proper equipment usage.
- Operate industry related equipment, such as test volt meters, OHM meters, and oscilloscopes.
- Respond to on-call requests as needed.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-3 years of related experience with fire alarms and fire systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- Must have or be able to obtain a State of Hawaii Portable Fire Extinguisher and Fire Extinguishing Systems License.
- Flexible to travel to the neighbor islands as needed.
- Able to obtain state and federal security clearance.
- An independent worker with great customer service skills.
- Enjoys solving problems and not easily daunted by complex challenges.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- NICET certification preferred.
- Technical training or education preferred.