Construction company in Kailua Kona is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Project Manager and Project Engineer. You will assist with a wide variety of tasks so we need someone who can work efficiently and is eager and motivated to take on new responsibilities.
Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
Big Island: Kailua-Kona
- Assist the Project Manager/Engineer with coordinating all vital aspects of projects.
- Provide clerical services on a variety of construction management project, ensuring all team members understand the scope of the project as well as what they are individually responsible for.
- Research construction information and document findings in a timely manner and report discrepancies to the Project Manager/Engineer.
- Seek approval from the Project Manager/Engineer for any changes to project scope or additional clerical services.
- Shadow Project Manager/Engineer on-site inspections of work in progress to ensure compliance to plans, specifications and adherence to codes, ordinances, regulations, laws, timetables and completion schedules.
- Prepare weekly meeting agendas and minutes for review and final approval by Project Manager/Engineer. Make schedules with completion dates, as well as coordinating other team members.
- Read construction plans, designs, and specifications for new and/or existing structures and facilities.
- Receive, process and keep current status logs of Requests for Information (RFI’s), Submittals, Change Proposals (CP), Field Orders (FO) and Contract Change Orders (CCO’s).
- Receive, process, and keep status logs for daily inspections, photos, and other miscellaneous reports.
- Review weekly certified payrolls, advise Project Manager/Engineer of discrepancies, follow through on corrections and keep a current status log.
- Receive contractor monthly pay request and process to client after Project Manager/Engineer review.
- Draft monthly client report and process after Project Manager/Engineer review.
- Draft weekly/monthly statement of contract days and process to client after Project Manager/Engineer review.
- Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project’s requirements, unexpected hitches, etc.
- Coordinating activities with the client, users, designers and prime contractor and maintaining relationships with them.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Associate's degree or equivalent.
- Understanding and ability to work with the Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Windows.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and in a timely manner.
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle to travel to inspection sites and meetings.