HR Specialist (ALTRES In-House)
We are looking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable HR Specialist for our Kahului office. As an HR Specialist, you will be a trusted advisor for our clients in various areas of HR including employee relations, FLSA, investigations, performance management, policy development, and training.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of the ALTRES team, contact us today to learn more about this opening. We offer excellent pay and comprehensive benefits including medical and dental insurance, vacation and holiday pay, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, tuition assistance, gym discounts, and more!
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Maintain knowledge of current state and federal employment regulations and advise clients by helping them find creative solutions for their businesses.
- Foster exceptional customer relations (with clients and client employees) and maintain them with ALTRES standards. Effectively work with internal departments in order to achieve company goals.
- Participate and contribute to the HR team by assisting with various projects and responsibilities. Examples include facilitating client/employee meetings.
- Prepare and facilitate training sessions, conduct investigations, and cover for other team members’ clients, as needed, for any HR-related needs that may arise.
- Conduct new client orientation meetings to establish a relationship and provide ALTRES resources such as sample human resource forms, etc.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations in conjunction with HR administrative support staff to foster a positive attitude toward client and ALTRES, Inc. company goals.
- Participate in planning and conducting of training modules for clients’ employees, supervisors, and managers. Topics may include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, communication, sexual harassment, etc.
- Advise clients regarding the appropriate resolution to employee relations issues, participating in the resolution process as needed.
- Respond to employee and client inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist clients in the development of compliant policies.
- Assist in the review and determination of FLSA status for employees and develop compliant job descriptions for clients.
- Confer with clients to assist them with creating and/or updating an employee handbook and conduct subsequent handbook orientations.
- Conduct human resource related investigations on behalf of clients as needed.
- Foster exceptional customer relationships and maintain them at ALTRES, Inc. standards.
- Work with internal departments as needed in order to achieve company goals.
- Travel to client sites as needed, including the neighbor islands.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum two to four years of human resources experience.
- Current driver's license and a personal vehicle for client visits.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals.
- HR certification is helpful.
- Company-paid Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Group Life Insurance
- Commuting Reimbursements
- Wellness Program
- Fun Company Events
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Opportunities
- Movie Ticket Discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Gas Discounts and Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Time Off